For those following our in-home worship outlines, here is the service for Palm Sunday. Let us all try and participate together, whether we are with others in our family, or alone. Even alone, you can follow this outline and worship along with the rest of the church family.
Suggested outline for this week:
- Meet at 10:30 on Sunday morning. Keep your appointment.
- Go around the family and share personal prayer requests.
- Read the Scripture for today – Mark 11:1-10, Luke 19:28-40 and John 12:12-19. Either go around and each member read a verse at a time, or choose a family member to read.
- Before listening to the music and message for today, discuss some questions: What was the significance of what Jesus did on this day on the first Palm Sunday? What is the significance to you and I today? Besides waving palm branches, is there a particular response that we as believers should have to what happened on Palm Sunday?
- Listen to or view the pastor’s message HERE if you haven’t done so already. Sing along with the music. (Note that the link will not be live until Sunday morning.)
- Talk about it. Go back to step 3 and revisit those questions again. ESPECIALLY ask one another this question – Are you ready? And if anybody is unsure, pray together as a family that you will all, indeed, be ready when He comes.
- Somebody close in prayer.
- Hug one another.
- Oh… and one last thing this week. Pick somebody from the church directory that you think might be alone or disconnected from the church, and call them just as soon as your service is over. Wish them a happy Palm Sunday, and let them know you are praying for them and miss them!