It’s been an exciting week, hasn’t it? One week ago, on Thursday evening, we observed the National Day of Prayer at the church, in the building. This past Wednesday evening, we had our first onsite service since March 15, as we held prayer meeting at the church!
Unless something changes, we will be observing prayer meetings at the church every Wednesday evening at 6:30, as was our normal custom before the shutdown. And on Sunday, June 7, we will hold our first onsite worship service in the sanctuary!
Please pray about these things! If you are comfortable participating onsite, please join us. If you are not, or believe yourself to be at risk, we will continue to provide an online option as well for the foreseeable future.
This week’s family worship outline is as follows:
- Gather your group together and read John 1:6-34 together.
- Talk it over. Some questions to discuss amongst yourselves:
- Was the “John” mentioned in verse 6 the same John who wrote this gospel?
- In the verses that specifically describe this John (verses 6-8, 15, 19-34) list everything you can find that describes this man. Not what he said or taught, but rather what he was like as a man. Matthew’s gospel describes him more clearly, so reading Matthew 3:1-6 together might help.
- Now talk a bit about what he had to say. What topic or topics did he speak or preach about?
- Talk for a minute about repentance. What is it? Can one be saved without it? What role does repentance play in becoming a Christian?
- Watch this week’s video, which is here. Make sure and sing along when prompted in the video. (The video will be available on Sunday morning.)
- Close in prayer, after giving anybody an opportunity to talk about the questions or points on the closing slides.