We’ve made it to the last day of 2019, and tomorrow we’ll venture into the waters of 2020. We’ve so much to be thankful for, and so much to look forward to. My prayer is that in 2020 we draw closer and closer to Jesus, growing in grace each day… that our love and care for one another increases and abounds… that the gifts He has entrusted us with, we use more and more for His glory and His church. May 2020 be our most Christ-centered year yet! Perhaps He’ll even come back in 2020!
Well, there’s a bit of business to handle as we end one year and start another:
- Prayer meeting will be cancelled this Wednesday so you can spend the holiday with your family and friends. Be safe. Honor Christ with whatever you do. And we’ll see you for the first prayer meeting of 2020 on January 8th.
- Friday morning we will be taking down the greens from the church building. If you can help, it will make the task trivial. Those who wish to help, meet us at 9:00 AM at the church.
- Saturday morning some of us will meet at the Haven of Rest in Akron at 10:00 to serve those in need. You are welcome to join us. Wear a hat.
- Saturday evening is the annual officers’ appreciation open house at Johnson Acres. All currently serving and incoming elders, deacons, deaconesses (and spouses) are invited to attend. Good food.
- Sunday morning at 9:30, in addition to the regular children’s Sunday School classes, new adult classes will start. Mark Salisbury will begin a study of the Spiritual Gifts, Bob Homer will restart his study in the Acts of the Apostles, and Bill Johnson will teach on Angels and Demons. You can sign up for these classes on the home page by clicking on the Connect bubble, or at the kiosk in the church foyer.
- Sunday morning at 10:30 will be our normal worship service, and then immediately afterwards we will be holding our annual business meeting.
- Sunday evening at 6:30, the first elder, deacon and deaconess meeting of the year will be held in Fellowship Hall.
Whew… that’s a lot to do to end one year and start off another! I’m so thankful for FBC, and look forward to all that our Lord has in store for us in this new year!